Year Published: 2012
Publisher: Oregon Geospatial Enterprise Office
"At their December 2010 meeting OGIC directed the Geospatial Enterprise Office (GEO) to conduct a review of the standards development process acknowledging its robust and results oriented function but also recognizing that the documentation was outdated and that there may be room for process improvement. Items to be addressed included:
• Intent is to mandate standards for State agencies and strongly encourage adoption of the standard for others
• State CIO (OGIC Chair) has legislative authority to set standards
• Should CIOC be part of the endorsement process?
• Should some other State entity be included?
• What is the appropriate role for local/tribal/regional government?
Subsequently, GEO convened two meetings in early 2011. While the broad intent of these meetings was geospatial governance review, considerable attention was focused on the standards development process."
-Taken from the section on direction
Related Components: Component C: Data Management
Related TPM Areas: General